In my attempt to shed those inevitable holiday pounds, I’m trying quite hard to keep my eating as clean as possible. So last night after a good work out, I made my favorite salad for dinner.
The sweetness of the Butternut squash and the creaminess of fresh Goat cheese is perfectly accompanied with the tangy dressing. It really is the ideal flavour combination in my opinion!
Strawberry, Banana & Mixed Nuts Oatmeal
- 2 tbs Cooked Rolled Oats (cooked as per packet’s instructions)
- 1/2 tbsp Pistachios (slivered or chopped roughly)
- 1/2 tbsp Walnuts (chopped roughly)
- 1/2 tbsp Ground Flax Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Sesame
- 1tbsp Raisins or Sultanas (optional)
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk (or your preferred milk substitute)
- 1/4 Banana (diced)
- 1 Strawberry (diced)
- Place cooked oats in a serving bowl
- Add the raisins, banana, all the nuts & seeds
- Warm almond milk in a small saucepan and pour it into the bowl & stir
- Top with diced strawberries & Voila!
This recipe yields 1 small bowl of Oatmeal (perfect for portion control). For some, you may want to double the quantity to yield 1 big bowl. Remember to go organic as much as you can!